ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE IN HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT PROGRAM ONLINE
This program is 100% online for anyone interested in a non-clinical role in healthcare. View the AHIMA Career Map to see what you can do with an HIM degree!
- View the Admissions Requirements
- See the Degree Plan
- The Health Information Management accreditor of Blessing-Rieman College of Nursing is the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM). The College's accreditation for the Associates degree in Health Information Management has been reaffirmed through 2028. All inquiries about the program's accreditation status should be directed by mail to CAHIIM, 233 N. Michigan Avenue, 21st Floor, Chicago, IL, 60601; by phone at 312.233.1134; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more about our Accreditation.
- Two Professional Practice Experiences (PPE) will be done during this program: one that is virtual and one that is a combination of virtual and onsite at a facility. As part of the second PPE embedded in HIM 242, you will complete a minimum of 40 hours of experience at an approved facility. The 40 hours must be completed during normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm while you are enrolled in HIM 242. You can only complete your PPE in states where this program is available (See NC-SARA information below).
- Blessing-Rieman College has been approved by Illinois to participate in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. NC-SARA is a voluntary regional approach to state oversight of postsecondary distance education. For more information visit nc-sara.org
How to Apply
Our dedicated admissions counselors make it easy to apply to Blessing-Rieman. We are available to tell you more about our programs and answer any questions you may have. Find out more about admissions.
Take the first steps toward applying to our online HIM program by submitting:
- An application to Blessing-Rieman, either by visiting our Online Application or completing a written Health Sciences Program application
- Official transcripts from all institutions previously attended